First and foremost, I have to apologize to the person responsible for this smile, for I am acknowledging the gesture far too late. Ms Indu Chibber (http://jeeteraho.blogspot.in) is a wonderfully warm lady who blogs about mental health and related issues like stress, anxiety, trauma, behavioral abnormalities and so on. Hers is a very informative, motivational and popular blog. So, when she decided to confer me with The Liebster Blog Award, I was jumping with joy. For those of you who do not know, The Liebster is awarded to upcoming and relatively lesser known blogs to give them the leverage to attract a larger audience. It is an expression of faith in the ability of a blogger to continue engaging readers and growing. The rules state that the person awarded has to pass it on to eleven other bloggers who he or she deems deserving. Also, to make it more fun, you have to write eleven random facts about yourself, answer a set of eleven questions put up for you by your nominator and think of a different set to pass on to your selected bloggers. Oh, and you also get to flaunt the badge!
Eleven random things about me that you could do with not knowing:
1. I can't cook to save my life.
2. I wish I was born in a different generation just so I could listen to Floyd live.
3. I detest the color green.
4. Coffee addict.
5. I spent a summer learning to ride a horse. Till it decided to throw me off.
6. My dog and I share the same birth date.
7. I am not secretly religious or spiritual.
8. I love South Indian food.
9. And laddoos. I heart laddoos.
10. I have tiny hands!
11. I can never have enough books on my reading list.
Questions I have to answer:
1-Your favorite color?
Eh! Toughie! My preferences generally tend to vary with season. Currently I'm in love with deep blues.
2-Your favorite movie?
Fight Club. The Shawshank Redemption. Forrest Gump.
3-Your favorite music genre?
Rock/ Rock N Roll/Classic Rock
4-Your favorite actor?
5-Your favorite actress?
Kate Winslet. Scarlett Johansson.
6-Your favorite hobby?
Reading! Reading till your eyes get sore!
7-Your favorite blog?(some help from me---jeeteraho?)
Erm, well, I do love jeeteraho. But I dunno, there are way too many lovely blogs out there and it's difficult to choose a favorite.
8-Your pet hate?
Irrationality. By anyone on any issue.
9-Your dream vocation?
One of the two guys on Highway on my Plate.
10-Your dream vacation?
Would be in Rome and France, for artistic reasons. And also Switzerland cuz I have to visit CERN.
11-Your ambition in life?
To savor it. And simplify it, if I can.
Here are my nominees:
Arun ~ http://movieretrospect.blogspot.in/
Vinay Nagaraju ~ http://muktamanassu.wordpress.com/
Tanay Sukumar ~ http://tanay-online.blogspot.com/
Neel Banerjee ~ http://neelanjan-banerjee.blogspot.in/
Fizaah/Fizz ~ http://meapoetess.blogspot.in/
Vipul Gupta ~ http://ghanchakkar.wordpress.com/
Geetanjali Juneja ~ http://geetanjalijuneja.blogspot.in/
Priyaa Arora ~ http://meintheblogosphere.blogspot.in/
Psych Blabber ~ http://www.overacuppacoffee.com/
Panchali Sengupta ~ http://www.panchalibolchi.blogspot.in
Rinaya Jena ~ http://mywhisperingsilence.blogspot.com/
And now the questions I want to ask them:
1. What's your favorite color?
2. What's your favorite cuisine?
3. What are you most afraid of?
4. How religious/spiritual are you?
5. Are you a feminist?
6. What are your views on same sex marriages?
7. What is your favorite odor?
8. What music do you listen to when you're alone?
9. What do you like to do on your birthday?
10. What is your favorite genre when it comes to reading?
11. What is your favorite genre when it comes to blogging?